Diablo 2 News
The history of the Diablo universe from the beginning of the world until the fall of Diablo in the depths below the village of Tristram (Diablo 1 end) in an illustrated podcast.
In addition to the great wars of the era you learn here also a lot of background information from the many books of the Diablo universe.
Also, the Skeleton King, you were able to defeat the Diablo 3 Public Beta is treated in detail here. To give a lot of fun and do not forget the author a Like on YouTube
The Diablo II ladder will be resetting on September 28 When reset, all ladder characters will be moved to non-ladder. To play in the new ladder season you will need to create a new character.
Blizzard is planning a new reset of the ladder. The current season, so that really was not very long - it remains to be seen what we can expect of innovations. Maybe Blizzard is somewhat dissatisfied with the current Ladder (incl. Publicdupe).
Just write in the comments if you're interested in a team again.
Blizzard seems to have fixed a few minutes before the rollback in Diablo second The servers are running stable again and there are no rollbacks degree available.
The trigger was a public cheat method that some scammers their Runewords (or rune quests) could be repeated several times until the desired result.
Thank you Blizzard, that this time was as fast responding. In the past, for example, looked at Aurenstack-Dupe and co. different. If something should arise, we will of course keep you updated.
Blizzard has just announced the 1.13 patch incl ladder reset, but we read something in the Battle.net forum, so the story is interesting.
As many of you know, take a ladder season is usually at least 1 year. Bashiok now expressed in a topic suggestion for a possible patch 1.14 which could bring more balance changes.
I think it's Widely Recognized did some new content for end game is a Desired addition. It's not something We Could include in this patch for many Reasons, but we do have plans to continue full point release patches (ie 1:14). What Could Those containment is shut up in the air, but we have plans. Diabolical Plan! MUWAHAHAHAHAHA (source)
Since it is so major changes, this may not be feasible without the ladder reset. Diablo 3 to be published shortly after a Diablo 2 patch incl reset would be fairly pointless, so we would be at a complete season already 1:14 at a release date of 03 /, 2012.
The hope is of course that it is 2 short seasons, which together no later than 10 Years of Lord of Destruction (29.06.2011) are completed. More info there will probably be only to BlizzCon, allegedly * 22 - 23 To be held in October.
*) A webmaster of the Anaheim Convention Center had asked some time ago a hasty announcement into the net and a little later removed.
1.13 patch b (or c yet?) Is on the way. At 23.03. the ladder season restarted and the patch migrates from the Public Test Realm to Realm game.
As always, all your ladder chars to-chars Nonladder. If you are looking for a group for the reset, so please check out the following topic.
Details of Patchlog 1.13b can be found here . Presumably, however, Blizzard will release the (still secret) c version, which is expected to include new items and maybe even quests.
We will be resetting the Diablo II ladder on March 23 with the release of patch 1.13. We anticipate all Diablo II realms to be down for Approximately six hours during the reset. More specific information on realm availability on the day of the reset will be posted in the Battle.net Status forum. When the ladder is reset, all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will REMAIN intact, but once converted prosthesis characters will no longer have access to ladder content: such as creating ladder-only rune words. For more information on ladder characters please visit the Arreat Summit Realm Character Types page at http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml (Source: Battle.net forum)
For some time the 1:13 tests run on the dedicated realm and Blizzard now has a new version called 1.13b recorded.
There are some bug fixes been added:
- Auras stack is no longer possible *)
- "TPPK" (kills out of town ") have been corrected
- It is no longer thrown out of the game when a char too many skills "stacks" ("Drop Barb")
- Mercenaries do not have an-/ablegen their weapon to activate auras of objects according to the Revive now.
*) Whether this also been fixed temp-perm method of dupes, is not yet known to us. This would, however, interesting impact on the current market in Diablo 2
Here is the complete patch log: (Source: Battle.net forum)
The 1.13b PTR update is now live and available for testing!
Please refer to the original 1:13 PTR FAQ for general testing information - http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730644778&sid=3000
- Patch 1.13b
A new Mystery has been revealed!
- Adventurers of Sanctuary are hereby warned once again, did a new challenge
awaits you. Within Diablo's Bosses, spanning across the world from the
ancient Monastery Catacombs to the Throne of Destruction, is where you'll
find what you seek ...
- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or Greater.
- Fixed an issue where some players could kill other players while in town
- Fixed an issue where some players Could disconnect other players When
They had too many active states.
- Fixed two issues where players Could stack auras in to unintended way.
- Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be killed
Summoned before spawning minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the
window-less and then regains focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize When running in
windowed mode When It lost focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would not center Properly When It
- Fangskin Should Properly now drop loot in Hell difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where auras were not re-applied to your mercenary after
it was resurrected.
- Fixed an issue where if you had two items Which Provided two auras to
a mercenary and you unequipped one, the aura from the Remaining
item never Became active.
- Fixed an issue where the Paladin class Runeword 'Principle' was not
having all of its stats applied properly.
Specific changes / improvements
- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest
Additionally now wants to reward 1 free respec Which can be saved. Player
Already who have completed this quest Should receive 1 free respec in
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be
maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
- Some rare drop items now have an orange color. ie Runes and items
required for Uber Tristam.
- Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
- Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal's Summoned minions no longer give experience.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
- Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana
globes by Clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
- When creating a single player game, pressing the 'Enter' key now
Automatically Creates a Hell difficulty game if possible.
- When creating a game, each difficulty button is now bound to a unique
key: Normal 'R', Nightmare 'N', and Hell 'H'.
- The 'Enter Chat' Button in the battle.net waiting room is now
bound to the 'Enter' key.
- Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
- Added new command line parameter '-nofixaspect execute' which Allows users to
not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 When maximizing windowed mode.
This lets the game 'stretch' to fill your monitor.
- Added support for '-sndbkg' command line switch. This Enables sound
- Added the Following Following aliases for pre-existing command line options,
'-Nosound', '-window', and '-windowed'.
Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes
- Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and
Immolation effect by 50%.
- Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage Increased by 20%.
- Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.
- Dragon Claw - Synergy Receives 4% additional damage per point of Claw Mastery.
- Dragon Talon - The bonus to Attack Rating per point has been Increased to 35
- Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.
- Combo points Awarded by combo moves now load 15 seconds, up from 9
- Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
- Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.
- Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores termoresistencias of undead and demons.
- Werebear - Increased damage bonus by 15% across all ranks.
- Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
- Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.
- Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer
When life timeless golem takes damage).
- Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100%
to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
- Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.
- Firewall - Synergy Receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and
4% per point of Warmth.
- Blaze - Synergy Receives 1% damage per point of Firewall
and 4% per point of Warmth.
- Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
- Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
- Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
Already in the release note was to see that the drop rate of runes should generally improve.
The patch files User "Dazmogan" has now read the current values:
- Zod - x4
- Jah & Cham - x3
- Sur & Ber - x2, 3
- Ohm & Lo - x1, 78
- Gul & Vex - x1, 45
- Time & Is - x1, 18
Thus, the drop rate increased slightly less dramatic than many expected. A big difference only really active players will probably find of you who are regular Highrunes.
It remains to be seen whether it is really the last dupe method was corrected by the Realm. Otherwise, a balance of runes would quickly drops back for nothing.
Bashiok gave up the details in the official Battle.net forum for Diablo 2 1.13 patch known:
- 1.13 patch
- a dupe method was solved
- Videos will be improved for Intel Mac computers (OS 10.5)
- About Mephisto now checks for over-over-Diablo and Baal were killed before he summons his servants
- The game no longer starts the background music again if you leave the Diablo II window briefly.
- Diablo II no longer minimized (sporadically) the window in windowed mode the current game
- The Diablo II window will now always properly centered on the screen
Specific changes / improvements
- The reallocation of skills is now possible. Closing the 'Den of Evil' quest from, you get a respec-point. Even players who have already solved with old chars the quest to get a respec-point (light) -. Increased the drop rate of high runes.
- The drop rate of "Highrunes" has been improved
- Wide-screen: The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution
- Some rare items are now highlighted in orange (eg runes or organs for ÜTristram)
- The maximum amount of gold in the treasure chest is no longer dependent on the level
- The damage from Champion / Unique "Souls" was reduced to NM / LIGHT
- There are no requirements (play through) more to create hardcore chars
- The blast damage from monsters feuerverzauberten was drastically reduced
- Übertristram Leveling is now no longer possible (servant of Meph / Baal be no more experience)
- The "Iron Maiden" Pirates of the Oblivion Knights (eg chaos sanctuary) was removed
- The chance of a firestorm of hell torch was reduced by 5%
- The display of the life and mana bar can now be hidden
- Two Act 5 mercenary now hear the name "Clear" and "Tryneus"
- Produced to a single-player game, so you can automatically generate a light-game (if possible) with the Enter key
- Hotkeys for the difficulty in the game creation were added (R = normal, N = Nightmare, H = light)
- Use the Enter key to enter the Battle.net chat now
- Min / Max / Close buttons have been added to the game window
- Can with the parameter "-nofixaspect" widescreen prevent distortions
- With the parameter "-sndbkg" you can enable background music
- Other (self-explanatory) new parameter: '-nosound', '-window', and '-windowed'
Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes
-Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
-Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage Increased by 20%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.
-Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.
-Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
-Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.
-Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores termoresistencias of undead and demons.
-Werebear - Damage bonus Increased by 15% across all ranks.
-Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
-Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.
-Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer loose life When golem takes damage).
-Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100% to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
-Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.
Firewall - Synergy Receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and Blaze and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Blaze - Synergy Receives 2% damage per point of Firewall and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
-Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
-Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
-Lightning Mastery - Reduced overall effect by 15%.
Before you look at Blizzard weeks expressed concern about the performance problems that could arise from an enlarged treasure chest. This now seems to have confirmed, as Bashiok announced that they will no longer be part of the new patch.
We've recently completed a revised version of the Diablo II patch did Removes 1:13 Increased the stash size. A larger stash will unfortunately no longer be a feature included in patch due to the 1:13 in previously Mentioned Concerns. As higher priority work Continues on Warcraft III, we're hoping to complete our quality assurance tests for the 1:13 patch in the next few weeks. But as always, the types of issues did Appear and may take higher priority are rarely Foreseeable. We continue to plan a release based on our best intentions.
Again, the Diablo 2 community must therefore wait for Warcraft. But what is already half a year late?
Bashiok commented on Battle.net forum on the progress of the new 1.13 patch of Diablo 2 The plan was a new treasure chest with 10 * 12 fields uA should be a main feature of the new patch.
Exactly this box could delay the patch but now, since the Battle.net servers are not designed for the new flood of data (or could be). Blizzard wants to test this now to avoid stability problems.
1:13 The Diablo II patch is on temporary hold while we investigate potential impact on the Battle.net service. As we moved closer to launching the patch did to increase enlarge Concerns grew in the player stash size (a feature in the patch) Could compromise the Diablo II Battle.net service. The hardware configuration and Potentially Could not handle the Increased stash size gracefully under heavy load. Currently we're investigating potential impact as it is one of the larger content features in the patch and we're hoping it can REMAIN a part of the release. If it does have to be removed it will require additional time to remove it, generate new patches, and test, whichwill add time before we can go live on the PTR.
We're hoping to have our diagnostics and a final decision on how we'll be moving forward DECIDED by early next week and we'll have an update for you at that time.
It remains questionable whether a small hardware upgrade no better (and perhaps cheaper) would be, as the price of another version of the patch.
Also a lower number of maximum games per server would probably be no problem. Those who have long played Diablo 2, will be able to remember (at the player position) still on the waiting lists. This affected only the very fast runs (as they are often carried out by bots) and reduce the already undesirable trade-games a la "Bidder X Y Search".
So let's keep our fingers crossed that Blizzard does not cost more for all new server patch ruined because 500 euros.